Friday, May 17, 2013

Creature Feature



 Fabulous Felt Antique Owl Necklace

Dress: Marshalls
Shoes: Frederick's of Hollywood
Bag: DSW



 Petunia the Peaceful Elephant Necklace

Top: Venus
Skirt: So, Kohl's
Shoes: Chaps, Kohl's
Bag: Candie's, Kohl's



Fabulous Felt Our Pal Owl Necklace

Top: Kohl's
Jeans: Vanilla Star, Target
Shoes: Madeleine, DSW
Bag: Gifted
Belt: Wet Seal

This week's trio features two more pieces that are part of what I've come to think of as my cool collars series because the felt "wings" flanking the pendants look like little peter pan collars about to take flight.  A mixed-media marriage of hardware and felt, these sassy hybrids open the door to ever more eccentric themes.  Take the Fabulous Felt Antique Octopus Necklace.  After finishing it, it occurred to me that our tentacled title character should've been surrounded by seashells instead of flowers.  But then, I kind of liked the incongruity.  Not to mention the "Octopus's Garden" connection that, for all I know, subconsciously fueled the entire enterprise.  Now, that's what I call strange serendipity.    

No comments: