Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Acoustic Rooster Rides Again and a Not-quite Treatise on Tunes



 Glam Guitar Barrettes


Top: Macy's
Skirt: Marshalls
Leggings: Boscov's
Shoes: Ami Clubwear
Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's
Sunglasses: Michaels




Top: Chaps, Kohl's
Jeggings: Mudd, Kohl's
Boots: Charles Albert, Alloy
Bag: American Eagle, Payless
Sunglasses: Rampage, Boscov's




Top: Self Esteen, JCPenney
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Qupid, DSW
Bag: Apt. 9, Kohl's
Belt: Gifted
Scarf: Repurposed from We Love Colors tights
Sunglasses: Brigantine beach shop



Lola Locket Necklace

Tee: Gifted
Hoodie: Mossimo, Target
Jeans: Earl Jeans, Macy's
Shoes: Fergalicious, DSW
Bag: Candie's, Kohl's
Sunglasses: Mudd, Kohl's

I've always loved music.  (There's an original statement for you; that Tote talker, she really digs those deep cuts.)  Hearing a favorite song on the radio can make my day, and I've been known to idle in the driveway with a choice one blaring (my Spidey senses indicate that I may have already blogged about this; if so, then please excuse my, ahem, broken record rambling).  Although I don't go to concerts much anymore (I prefer rocking out to CDs, having come to terms with the truth that those outings were always about the outfits), the necklaces and clothes in this week's post make me think of the Southwest and indie bands and the connection flickering, mirage-like, between them.  In particular, my memory is homing in on the introspective stylings of Jimmy Eat World.  Probably because they hail from Arizona (home of other such phenoms as the eponymous iced tea and JCPenney brand jeans) and because the husband and I saw them one New Year's Eve years ago, an account of which is ensconced in this blog's considerable archives.  Bright and sunny with a side of pensive, the Southwest seems as good a place as any to brew the bittersweet brain stew that is alternative music.  I think.  I can't be sure because I've never been there.  

What I am sure of is that the Mossimo hoodie in outfit number four is a touch too toasty for the desert.  It kind of looks and feels like a blanket, which is why I vowed never to wear it outside the house (despite displaying it here with a tee shirt and jeans).  Still, at $7.48 it seemed an attractive addition to my pajama wardrobe.  Tribal pattern or not, it's a fleece fashioned for northeastern nights.

One last thing.  I don't know what's up with the rooster.  Except that it's colorful and crazy and sounds good next to acoustic.  Truth be told, I don't know what's up with the acoustic, either.  But then, best not to pull at that thread.   

1 comment:

Jewel Divas Style said...

I'm with you Tote, have loved music all my life and have little guitar knick knacks that I've used for many things. Loving your clothes this week, so awesome.