Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Southern Sips and Good Time Trips: Virginia Out on the Veranda



Lulu Lemonade Necklace

Top: Modcloth
Skirt (a dress!): XOXO
Shoes: Qupid, Alloy
Bag: Nine West, Boscov's
Belt: Apt. 9, Kohl's
Sunglasses: Brigantine beach shop

Virginia is for lovers.  And ham, as many a billboard reminded the husband and I on our way to that state's Eastern Shore to spend a week with his family.  We hung with the fam, ate crabs by the cartload, and vegged out in a quaint bayside cottage, luxuriating in the South's slower pace (some of us more than others, as yours truly rarely reared her head before noon).  Peaceful and impossibly green, the Eastern Shore is the kind of place where you picture locals nursing lemonade -- or perhaps something stronger -- to beat the heat from their wraparound porches.  

Thus inspired, I squeezed out this Lulu Lemonade Necklace one lazy afternoon between downing mystery novels and watermelon.  The hot pink plastic of these (otherwise) dainty drinks is brighter and wilder than that of any real-life libation.  But then, that's just the sort of fun and fantasy I've come to expect from Flash Charms.  That's right.  I transported my day-glo doodads across state lines.  Because you can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl (something I've said at least one time before, probably while visiting an exotic locale like Tampa or Dearborn).  So, as the Garden State's (or at least this site's) site-seeing ambassador, I looked for camera candy and found these contenders.

Pork products need not apply.







1 comment:

Jewel Divas Style said...

I wouldn't mind one of those parrots in my house or garden!