Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Irish Spring Leaning



Rainbow Confection Necklace


Top: Macy's
Skirt: ELLE, Kohl's
Shoes: a. n. a., JCPenney
Bag: Bisou Bisou, JCPenneys
Sunglasses: Michaels
Scarf/belt: A.C. Moore


Spring has finally sprung, and the clover are blooming!  So why not shout it from the rooftops (er, webpage) already, even if it is four days after St. Patrick's, when everyone's partied out and (maybe) still a little hungover?  Because spring and St. Pat's mean new life and green things, and in the case of (the first day of) spring, free water ice at your local Rita's. 

For some unfathomable reason, the start of spring is also associated with cleaning.  'Cause nothing says hole up in the house like sunshine after three months of gray.  Recently, I was gifted with a book about just this subject (cleaning, not clouds, although it's not hard to confuse the two).  It was very well-written and funny, but I didn't like what it had to say.  Namely, that one should devote three hours a weekend to hard clean the kitchen.  I don't know about you, but to me, weekends are for sleeping and couch potato activities (i.e. crafting), not washing the walls (whatever that means).  Some say "If you have time to lean, you have to clean," but I say, "Why not lean in harder?"  

Speaking of crafting, I whipped up this Rainbow Confection Necklace last weekend.  And I use the term "whipped up" loosely.  If this subtly sparkly, perfectly formed rainbow looks familiar, then that's probably because you're seen it in Michael's where they keep the kid's crafts.  I get the feeling that it's supposed to be turned into a magnet or something else for a child's bedroom, but as soon as I saw it, I knew that its new home should be around my neck.  So, I glued two of those necklace connector thingies that look like tiny soda can tabs to the back, smothered them with glue, slapped on a couple of blue plastic discs (all the better to seal you with), and attached sky and cloud colored chains.  I almost added rhinestones and star cabochons but then said, hey rein it in, cowgirl.  Although I'll deny ever having said this, sometimes less really is more.

Unless we're talking sleep.  Or water ice.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I loooove those heart-shaped sunglasses! That entire outfit is so cute and I love the necklace; you're very talented! I realized you favorited two of my items on Etsy awhile back - thank you for that! I love your shop and your style, it's so colorful and happy! :)