Sunday, April 16, 2017

Some Bunny Loves Peeps . . .






Jeepers Creepers Where'd You Get Those Peeps Peepers Sunglasses 

Top: DKNY, Macy's
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: BCBG, Macy's
Bag: Xhilaration, Target

. . . and that some bunny is me.  I didn't color eggs this year, but I have been, ahem, dyeing to show off my growing plush Peeps collection.  A couple years back I bought the pink, yellow, and blue bunnies, and this year I added the green, purple, and orange ones.  I couldn't help myself.  They're cute, they're sweet . . . not to mention tasty (or at least the candies that came with them were).  Hey, if it's wrong to collect stuffed animals of stuff that you love to eat, then I don't want to be right.

That said, I sprang them from their hermetically sealed baggies, where they live, ironically, in an old Tote Trove business card-filled Easter basket the rest of the year, and had a little photo shoot.

First up, the classic Warhol:  


Next, my kind of Easter bonnet:


And finally, an adorable Peeps in Pajamas Little Golden Book and baby plush Peeps for my even more adorable new nephew.  Because I insist on introducing the marshmallow magic of Peeps to the next generation:


In non-Peeps (but still Easter-y) news, I was in Kohl's last week when I saw a pair of suits that give the ones from Dumb and Dumber a run for their funny:


They're polyester, which is, as you know, my own personal miracle fabric.  Why the world insists on turning its nose up at something that never wrinkles or fades will forever remain a mystery to me.  Also, it's affordable!  The jacket, pants, and tie are just $79.99, and if you have a coupon (and come on, who doesn't?), it's even cheaper.  Splashy and flashy, these suits were made for the grand marshal of the Easter parade. 

That said, I hope your bunny trail leads to greatness.  By which I mean kick-ass outfits, drama-free family dinners, and seconds on banana cream pie.

Hoppy Easter :)    

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That outfit is sooo cute and oh my GOSH I saw those plush Easter peeps at Walgreen's awhile back!! I was tempted to buy one, but I didn't. Next year I'll probably just do it! I wanted a pink one, since that's my favorite color and all!