Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Fifi Phoenix Flies Again


Top: Decree, JCPenney
Skirt: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Nine West, DSW
Bag: Gifted
Belt: Hand-me-down
Sunglasses: Michaels
Barrette: The Tote Trove

Fifi Phoenix Necklace

There are no mythological birds in this necklace, just a beetle, peacock, and roses that I strung up to join the resident stars and shrunken Buddha head.  (At least I think it's a Buddha head.  But it could just as easily be an albino clown.)  Simply stated, this bauble wasn't blingy enough in its first incarnation. If a piece of jewelry isn't dripping with doodads and drama, then I can't help but feel that it's unfinished.  Because Christmas isn't the only time when bigger is better and gaudy is good.  Although according to some retailers (mostly, the ones with wacky waving figures and twice-yearly going out of business sales), it is that bargain-bonanza-palooza known as Christmas in July.  So why not get in the spirit and costume it up like Santa?    

When in doubt, peacock it out.  It's what the wacky wavers want this year.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Everything about this outfit is perfect! I love the colors, the shoes, the birds on the skirt, the purse and the cute heart-shaped sunglasses! (I think I have those same pair in red). Your necklace is gorgeous and I love the mix of bright and dark colors! :)

Dressed With Soul said...

Yes, why not get in the spirit and costume it up like Santa :) Love the colourful look as usual and the necklace with the amazing content. I think btw it is a Buddha head :)
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com