Friday, April 26, 2019

Food 'Tude: Not Your Basic Bib


Top: POPSUGAR, Kohl's; Shoes: Guess, DSW

Bibs are for catching stray bits of food, and bib necklaces are for catching the limelight.  And also, maybe sometimes, lime peels.  And I should know, because I have more bibs than a baby.  Just the other day, I found one that I'd bought at J. C. Penney's back in its heyday when the costume jewels flowed like fruit punch.  And I thought, this is nice.  But it could be nicer.  Because the thing about accessories crafting is, it sort of ruins you for store-bought jewelry.  Don't get me wrong.  I can still appreciate a good department store bangle or bold pendant with the best of them.  But if there's a flat, unadorned surface at my disposal, then I can't help but upcycle it.  So I rummaged around in my supply cache and came up with some cute stuff to add.  I especially like the strained smiley face beads.  They're a nice quirky contrast to the proper flowers that say, I'm a princess -- but I still like to party.  

And as always, that's my style sweet spot. 

3 comments:

sonia // daring coco said...

I love this up-cycled piece. I wish I had half the talent that you possess. It may look or sound easy but it is not. I remember many, many moons ago attempting to create brooches out of ribbon and feathers. Nope. I sucked. They were terrible. I found an old piece the other day and it made me shudder because it was that bad!

Sxx
daringcoco.com

Jewel Divas Style said...

Anything that can be upcycled should be. And if it makes something better, why not.

Samantha said...

Wow!!! What a great upcycle you did on this bib necklace! It is absolutely stunning in its finished form and you definitely made it your own with its cute, quirky touches. Love it!