Friday, May 3, 2019

Ketching Up With Mustard


Tops: Self Esteem, Zulily
Pumps with turquoise interior: Delicious, Zulily
Other pumps: Worthington, J. C. Penney's
Top necklace: Colors, Kohl's
Middle necklace: Wet Seal
Bottom necklace: Mixit, J.C. Penney's

French's, Gulden's, Grey Poupon, 
They're all so sharp,
You can't go wrong . . .

. . . unless you're building a sandwich instead of an outfit.

I've never liked mustard the condiment.  But in recent years, I've developed a taste for mustard the color.  As someone who hates ketchup but loves red, I should've seen this coming (and probably did, as I sense I've already blogged about this.  Just think of me as your aunt who never stops asking if that's your real nose.)  Anyway, I like the way it makes other colors -- especially its stepsister, yellow -- pop.  Also, it has a warm, retro feel.  Like the harvest gold stoves of the '70s (including the one my parents had in the '80s).  So of course I purchased two nearly identical tops in this nostalgic hue.  Both have sweetheart neckline lace insets, both are made by Self Esteem, both come from Zulily, and both cost $12.99.  I bought the one on the left last year (I wore it a ton), and the one on the right just last week.  Both go great with lots of things, including this piping hot pretzel.

Betsey Johnson, Macy's

By the way, the runner-up title for this post was Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory With a Candlestick.  Not because I like the game Clue (I don't).  But because I used to have a pair of sweatpants in this oh-so-special shade, and when I wore them, the husband would refer to me as that esteemed-yet-murderous (or should I say Self-Esteemed?) military man.  Which I, wanting to be Miss Scarlet, wasn't crazy about.        

These days he steers clear of candlesticks.    

2 comments:

Samantha said...

eeeeeee! I love the color of mustard (and admittedly, when I was in elementary school I got in trouble for eating mustard straight from the mini-packets). The two blouses you have are stunningly beautiful, and I love the lace trim at the top paired with the matching necklaces. Beautiful!!! The pretzel bag is such a cute and quirky way to top off the look! :)

Tanza Erlambang said...

yellow and love sign look so wonderful...
have a great spring