Sunday, October 20, 2019

Spend and Snap: Perks Every Time





Top: POPSUGAR, Kohl's
Floral skirt: Stoosh, Macy's
Peach skirt: Amazon
Shoes: Jessica Simpson, ROSS 
Bag: Xhilaration, Target
Belt: Wet Seal

Ah, the bend and snap.  A time-honored, much-documented parlor trick for snagging a man's attention.  Actually, I don't know about much-documented, as the only place I've seen it is in Legally Blonde.  But the dance number that exploded in that Cambridge salon was enough to convince me that it was something that girls in the know knew about.


The same can be said about barrettes (also brunettes, but that's an argument for another day).  They may not have an 83% return rate on a dinner invitation, but they do offer a 100% guarantee that you won't eat alone.  Which is to say that your barrette buds will always be with you at the breakfast buffet.  As long as you can cough up the couple of dollars to pay for them and your coffee.

Yep, barrettes are the bomb (remember when people said that?).  Here are a brunch, er bunch, that I didn't make:


Some are as photogenic as a Christmas ham, whereas others look like they oozed out from under a seven layer salad (I see you, sequins.  Beauty queens and kidney beans are the only Bs where you belong.).  But in the end that doesn't matter because they're all part of one big, happy hair family.

So, locks and lox, perfect together.  Just as long as you don't find a hair on your bagel.  

Which is why -- barrettes or not -- I steer clear of buffets. 

4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

80s Emma Barrettes look so cute....love it

Dressed With Soul said...

The barrettes you show here are super cute and I'm really impressed by your collection of barrettes! Unfortunately my hair isn't perfect for barrettes ...
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

What an amazing barrette collection you have!!! They certainly add something to a hairdo, don't they? :) Love the Legally Blonde reference; that segment of the film in particular is forever a classic! "Just as long as you don't find a hair on your bagel." LOL! Let's hope not! (Also, I love the blue heels paired with the ensemble!)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Even though I've had short hair for, at this point, possibly more than 7 years, I still have all of my hair combs, ties, barrettes and bobby pins that I bought or made. You never know when they'll come in handy.