Thursday, November 7, 2019

Old School Rules: Blink if You're Color Blind






There are two '90s bands that make no ophthalmology apology: Third Eye Blind and Blink-182.  Blink had the punk and the grit; Blind had the pop and the wit.  Is that an oversimplification for the sake of a rhyme?  Totes.  But simpler times are the name of the game.  And like these eyes, I make no apologies.

Although Blink-182's new album "Nine" is nowhere near as good as "Enema of the State,"I liked listening to it.  And not just because I was hypnotized by its rainbow case cover.  But because it brought me back to a simpler time.  Kind of like how looking at these outfits brings me back to the simpler time that was September.  (I've seen you on my lawn, Mr. Frost, and you are not welcome.)  Then again, the first single from "Nine," "Blame it on My Youth," describes harder times and a past that's about as romanticized as store brand mac n' cheese.

I guess some simpler times aren't so simple.  Which is why it's best to move on and get to the good stuff.

And in this case, the good stuff is Gouda. 

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I love all of these fun, colorful outfits; the aqua bows especially pop against the black top in the middle photo! And your sunglasses are the cherry on top. :) I didn't know Blink 182 had a new album out; I need to have a listen! The colorful artwork and CD itself is beyond cool. Ahhh, Third Eye Blind...I love them too! Both bands definitely have that beautifully nostalgic 90's feeling! "...as romanticized as store brand mac n' cheese." LOL!!!

Kinga K. said...

Very colorful, I like it ♥

Dressed With Soul said...

I think the cover is made especially for you! I'm not sure if I know Blink 182 - I must check it out! But I know I love as usual your colourful looks!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Dressed With Soul said...

I checked it and now I now I know I know Blink! I even like their songs from the 90s very much, but I didn't know that they are from Blink :) xx Rena

Tanza Erlambang said...

love your cute hanbag