Sunday, June 21, 2020

Backstrokes and Dad Jokes: All Hail the Father of Funny

Tee: Marshalls; Tank: So, Kohl's; Skirt: Dollhouse, Macy's; Shoes: Naughty Monkey, Zulily; Bag: Luv Betsey, Macy's Backstage; Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon; Sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target; Pink bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zulily; Red bracelet: B Fabulous; Necklace: The Tote Trove; Towel: JCPenney

Skirt: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney

Shoes: Betsey Johnson, Macy's; Bag: Mix No. 6, DSW; Charm: The Tote Trove

It's June 21, and you know what that means.  Time to swan dive into that stew pot known as summer!  Of course, this year is different.  Just when we thought that the coronavirus was on the downturn and it was safe to go back into the water, cases started popping up like mutant whack-a-moles.  Which means no carefree jaunts to the beach or hot dog eating contests or running around playing punch buggy freeze tag (yeah, I don't know what that last one is either, but it's as good a way as any to describe avoiding human contact while also pointing out that human contact can sometimes be icky).  It's all a bit of a bummer but also a little okay; as you know, I'm an indoors girl, so it won't cramp my style too much.  Hear that, Hulu?  Get ready!

Today also happens to be Father's Day.  My sister and I celebrated on House Party by telling corny jokes (our mom's brainchild, not ours), and it was egg-cellent.  We cracked Dad -- and ourselves -- right up!  Each of us will get to see Dad (and Mom) in person via six-feet-apart "porch party" visits this week.  It'll be very knock knock, who's there?  Banana.  Banana who?  Knock knock who's there?  Banana.  Banana who?  Knock knock, who's there?  Orange.  Orange who?  Orange you glad I didn't say banana?  I'm almost sorry I put you through that but couldn't resist because it's a cute way to tell you that I have forty bananas in my kitchen.  And sadly, it isn't the first time.  Somehow I haven't yet mastered the fine art of ordering produce for home delivery. 

Perhaps my gal Carmen up there would care for a smoothie -- or ten.     

4 comments:

Samantha said...

(I've tried to comment I think three times now but my internet is being wonky so hopefully this doesn't post multiple times) Your outfits are so fun and summery!! I really love the tie-dye top and the sandal heels with the leopard print. Summer is indeed different this year but way-to-go for making it fun with Father's Day and a porch party this week (sounds sweet!). Love the corny joke by the way and I laughed out loud when you mentioned you have forty bananas in your kitchen! They'd make for some great smoothies, no? :)

Dressed With Soul said...

So in love with your summer look! You look fantastic! And I like it that you also like it being at home as for me it is the same :)
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Amely Rose said...

Oh I adore that you posted an outfit picture.
These vibrant colors suit you perfectly.
Such a nice summer look.

take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

The world of a vet said...

Great outfit! I love the shoes!

The World Of A Vet
Bloglovin
Instagram