Sunday, November 8, 2020

Pocket Docket: Cargo Carried in Style

Bag: Marshalls

Boots: ShoeDazzle, Zulily

Top: Elizabeth and James, Kohl's

Hearts and Flowers Cameo Necklace

Tee: Macy's

Opening Night Necklaces

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Top: Xhilaration, Target

Shoes and bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's

Bird and Blossom Necklace and Barrettes

Pocket doors, pocket squares, pocket change.  These phrases harken back to a simpler time yet also hint at the future.  A door, after all, is a sign of a new beginning, and you can't walk through one without something sharp to wear and a little spending money.  Then there's "Pocket Full of Kryptonite" from the Spin Doctors.  Which reminds us that pockets -- and in this case, the future -- can sometimes be scary.  Still, show me a woman who doesn't squeal like a five-year-old with a new My Little Pony upon discovering that her fresh-from-the-store dress has pockets for stashing lipstick, tissues, or emergency M&Ms.  A subtle side pocket like this is so much more elegant than the cargo kind, even if I did use the C word in this title.  

What I'm saying is, surprises -- like pastel-colored, non-pooping ponies -- can be wonderful.

Ironically, the most prominent pocket in this post is just for show.  Because as some wise -- or sadistic -- person once said, fashion over function, my friends.  In case you can't see it, the pocket imposter in question is that black square on my red T-shirt in outfit number two, and it's completely covered by sequins.  

Because if you can't tote that tube of Cherries in the Snow, then you might as well sparkle.  

5 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

A rainbow bag and jewels, not to mention a birdie necklace. Awesome accessories, Tote.

Kinga K. said...

You look great, I love your blue boots ❤

Samantha said...

So many cute outfits!! The yellow and blue combo in the first photo is so fun. The big yellow hair tie totally makes the look paired with those yellow shoes! (I never would've guessed the black pocket was a faux one, either). Lastly, the red skirt with the yellow is so pretty and I love the red clips in your hair! On an ending note, I am amazed at the beautiful necklaces you created! These are my new favorites, for sure! (The bird necklace and barrettes are seriously a creative masterpiece).

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

Such a beautiful bags. These are statement piece and I like them so much.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/11/ysl-rouge-volupte-shine-oil-in-stick.html

Dressed With Soul said...

I can't stop watching all your wonderful looks and pieces! And yes, I'm really happy when I discover bags inside my clothes - it makes live much more easier :)
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com