Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Renaissance Wear, Scarborough Flair: A Tried and True Trend for All Thymes

Skirt: ELLE, Kohl's

Eclectic Collective Necklace

Bag: JCPenney

Top: So, Kohl's

Bracelets, top row, from left to right: Apt. 9, Kohl's; Amazon; Worthington, JCPenney; Wet Seal; Amazon. Bracelets (and ring), bottom row, left to right: Worthington, JCPenney; Zulily; ROSS


Shoes: Betsey Johnson, DSW

Top: So, Kohl's

Headbands: INC, Macy's

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW

Bag: Target; Rhinestone bracelet: Zulily; Rings: Mixit, JCPenney; Rose bracelet: Francesca's; Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon

Tights: Xhilaration, Target

Club Cupcake Necklace

Top: TJ Maxx

Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Dress: Candie's, Kohl's



Scarf: Echo, Macy's

Top: ELLE, Kohl's

Rhinestone Rose Necklace

Skirt: ELLE, Kohl's

Butterfly and flower bracelets: Mixit, JCPenney; Fish and deco bracelets: Target: Ring: Bloomingsales Florist, Brigantine

Socks: Xhilaration, Target; Shoes: Jessica Simpson Collection, ROSS; Shoe clips: Burlington Coat Factory

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's; Princess figure: A.C. Moore

When I hear "velvet," many things come to mind: National Velvet, Velvet Revolver, and red velvet cupcakes.  Also, fashion from the Renaissance, the '60s, the '90s, . . . and now.  Because everything old becomes new again.  Especially stuff to wear while listening to Simon & Garfunkel and/or watching a joust.  Not that I was doing either when wearing these plush pieces.  But if Carrie Bradshaw can wear couture while eating popcorn (hashtag And Just Like That . . .), then I can wear off the rack on my porch. 

Maybe next time I'll bring cupcakes.

9 comments:

ellie said...

So pretty and so fun! Adoring the eclectic necklace too! Such a wonderful trend. And I love what you said about velvet. Oh, and to have red velvet cupcakes..OH MY! Adoring the post, but an amazing black and white photo too! So nostalgic in such a fun way!

Thanks so much for your comments. It has been interesting to write about Lindy and Jay. Of course, he has his usual way of getting the girl. So on one hand he has no new tricks...evidently. Oh, and I do love the cardigans. I haven't listened to them in forever. Initially, when I wrote about Ivy and Jay when she was with Brian..it was hard to say who wanted who first. At that time, you have uneducated Brian trying to make ends meet. Although, they lived with her mother. And Jay was Brian's best friend from high school who saved the day, being there for Brian's little sister. Of course, in Ivy's mind it was as if things were so much better for Jay and Brian's sister which really wasn't the case. And when that fell apart and Brian found himself working the grave yard shift well Jay just went for it with of course, no regrets. So there is a long history between Jay and Ivy. So on one hand I feel Jay has grown after all the troubles he's been through, but this might be a path he shouldn't have taken. Maybe.

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Oh so fun! Ode to Carnival๐Ÿ’• I love your spin on it! So many amazing bags and shoes! You do bring Renaissance to a whole new level! Adoring your outfits. And I love how you can create such a great atmosphere on your front porch. Oh, you are so lovely!

Thank you for reading my first installment of Holly and Stevie. Perhaps I have been watching too many bad BL dramas lately and decided ..oh I could do a better one. I would say in the beginning of this new genre phase taking on Asian drama so many were so stilted and of course, didn't go anywhere. But I have noticed K-dramas are at least making more of a story effort.

The plan is once a week..although, I know a few other stories I shouldn't have let go. So hopefully, onward..

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, I wasn't expecting this. Some amazing outfits! You are so inspiring! I love these sweet touches with your bracelets and necklaces too.

You are making me want velvet cupcakes now. I know the velvet dress I used to wear at Christmas was always a delight to wear. I wonder if I still have it.๐Ÿ’•❤️๐Ÿ’–

I still feel Deano is a little warry of Eddie. Although, they are neighbors now. Deano might be set in his ways more than he knows, but I doubt Roman will ever pick up on this. Friends are like that. And while Rico doesn't think his sister likes him at all, I think she is being the big sister she should be. Thanks again for your comments. Thanks so much for being here.

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a fantastic post! Love that "velvet part"..National velvet..made me smile! In love with the florals and the textures of these outfits. Such an amazing back to that first outfit too! We have had a few days where it felt like spring. I even got up the nerve to wear a floral maxi to work. You would think summer is right around the corner.

Oh, that was a last-minute story. What's better than a blind date..accidental dating....

I really was going to post about different shows or actors, but somehow never got around to it.

Thanks so much for the beautiful post! Thanks for reading and your comments too!

Mica said...

You have such pretty skirts! that first yellow one if my favourite, and I really like how you accessorised that outfit with the bold beaded bracelet stacks! Colourful dressing just makes me so happy! :)

Hope that you are having a good week :)

Away From The Blue

Samantha said...

You have so many amazing accessories, it's unreal!!! I especially love the rhinestone theme going on in this post, with your headbands and necklaces (the Club Cupcake Necklace is my fav!) Colorful rhinestones always make for a stunning statement. Love the Renaissance vibes with the peasant tops and long skirts! Especially the cool way you styled the awesome scarf around your waist with the tulle skirt. Amazing looks, and love the princess figurine at the end!:)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I always find visiting your site to be a breath of fresh air and immensely cheerful. I love all the color, the style, and your fun jewelry. This week again the SHOES blew me away, but I still loved the cute little bag from JC Penny- I am all about glitz and found myself drawn to the club cupcake necklace too. Enjoyed all your outfits! Can't wait to see what's next.

bread&salt said...

Dear friend! I loved all colorful outfits with beautiful items you shared here. Especially club cupcake necklace looks perfect. It is very cute and nice.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love me a good piece of diamante jewellery and that's a lot of it.