Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Flag Day Replay: Putting the Fourth First

 

Bag: Old Navy

Skirt (a dress!): O'Neill, Macy's



Shirt: Izod, Kohl's

Katy Perry Collection, Nordstrom Rack


Top: So, Kohl's

We celebrated the Fourth of July yesterday, with a BBQ at my parents' house.  Indeed, I took most of these pictures there.  My mom always makes everything so festive, and I couldn't help but capture it.  I asked her if she minded me posting her utensil setup and flowers, and she said "of course not."  For my part, I made cupcakes.  To paraphrase the Dos Equis man, I don't often bake, but when I do, it always comes from a box.  So thanks, Duncan Hines, for letting me fast-forward to the fun part: decorating!  I chose to adorn half with maraschino cherries because one Fourth when I was a kid, my mom put cherries on her cupcakes, which I thought was so special.  She also dyed some of the icing blue and some red (well, pink), as a nod to the flag.  Like I said, always festive.   

So here's hoping that your Fourth is full of food, fun, and fireworks.  And, of course, cupcakes. 🧁

7 comments:

camdandusler said...

So nice details, thanks for your sharing...

Samantha said...

I've always loved the look of a cherry on top of a cupcake (or cookie, or cake!) and the way you decorated them is so cute and festive!! Your mom's display is so Fourth of July fantastic. Your outfit and accessories is a great summer BBQ look! 😎 I also adore how you included your husband's shirt and where he got it from, and of course, the epic photo of him eating the watermelon! Happy Fourth!!! πŸ’—πŸ€πŸ’™

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The cherries on the cupcakes are special looking. It's so nice that you celebrate holidays with your parents. Your moms red, white, and blue display for utensils is so festive. We went to my sister - in - law and surprisingly she did not do a red white and blue theme.

ellie said...

Oh, so festive indeed! Too hot and humid to bake here..and we did have one strange food problem after another..but the ribs were good! It started with an explosion of mayo and went downhill after that, I'm afraid, but somehow we sufficed and we didn't get sick. Oh, and those fireworks kept going...I need today off to cooperate. ❤️πŸ’™❤️πŸ’™❤️πŸ’™Love the red & blue in your outfits. Adoring the necklace too..and I am glad those cupcakes were perfect for the occasion too..and then I saw your hubby with the watermelon and forgot..we have watermelon in the fridge! All the best to fabulous summer memories this July!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, so happy for you. What a lovely time. Great 4th timeπŸ’™❤️πŸ’™❤️πŸ’™❤️Love the cupcakes! & wonderful decorating! Such a beautiful necklace too. And such great tops and skirts. So inspiring❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ† Thanks for your comments. If only I could have had Monday off..and Wednesday too! I will definitely need more caffeine today! Thanks so much for your comments. Yes, I just had to get back to the Beach House..somehow. Meanwhile, I have been making a few swimsuits for the Barbies. All the best to a Beautiful July!

Caitlin&Megan said...

Such an adorable 4th. Love that you all got together like this! LOVE the decorations. Such great summer outfits too! I bet those cupcakes were marvelous!��❤️��❤️ Thanks for your comments. Thanks for your feedback on Hoyt. I know he's hit a nerve with Tristan. Although, plenty of happy times to go around too.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Red, white, and blue are Aussie colours too!

LOVE the flowers.