Thursday, January 12, 2012

Eleven Not Quite Red Balloons


About a month ago I received an email from someone who wanted to know if I could paint eleven of my Tiny Up Up and Away Totes for her to give as favors at her son's fourth birthday party.  Having just wrapped my wholesale necklace order, I jumped at the opportunity.  I ordered the paint, purchased the bags, and painted like a fiend after Christmas.

It was with fingers crossed that I shipped the finished favors to Indiana this past Monday.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: custom orders are nerve-wracking.  You just never know if your final product is going to meet your customer's expectations.  I was particularly worried that the bags weren't "identical" enough to each other.  This is always a concern in the handmade world, especially for me, as I draw all of my tote designs freehand.

But thankfully all of my fretting was for naught.  I was happy (and relieved!) to open this email yesterday:

"I received the box today!  The totes are ADORABLE, thank you, thank you, thank you."

Reading that made my day.  What's more, I have two more custom jobs on the horizon.  Both are for felt necklaces, which warms the cockles of my costume-crazy heart.

No comments: