Sunday, July 1, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: Hey, There's a Bug on Me



Dress: Macy's
Shoes: Journeys
Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's


 Fabulous Felt Bumble Bee Barrette

Fabulous Felt Butterfly Barrette 


Sometimes, when I'm done making a barrette (or any other accessory for that matter), I think, hmm, now what sort of outfit am I going to be able to build around this one?  But that wasn't the case with these critters.  Even as I was making them, I knew that I wanted to cluster them together against this yellow sundress (which I've had for years but haven't worn in a while), and finish everything off with the pink flower-accented Journeys pumps and Betsey Johnson bag.  By the way, I never buy full-price Betsey gear, but I decided to splurge on this bag.  (Even the saleswoman seemed to balk at my extravagance, asking if I had somewhere special to wear it or if I "just wanted to look pretty.")  But I really liked the contrast of the girly straw and flowers against the edgier, graffiti-spattered chunky chain strap.   Oddly, this was right around the time I heard that Betsey Johnson was going bankrupt.  I guess she had a few too many bargain hunters among her fans.

1 comment:

Valerie Boersma said...

Tracy, It's the perfect outfit! I love that dress! I think your darling little bugs are going to be so happy and so at home! And I love your shoes and bag too! I'm so glad to know someone else who loves color as much as I do:)