Monday, February 19, 2018

From Philly to Phoenix: Frank Ford Flies Again



Dress: Modcloth
Shoes: Zulily
Sun bag: Lily Bloom, JCPenney
Clutch: Xhilaration, Target
Flower clip: ULTA


 Candy Craze Combs

Sweatshirt: Lisa Frank for Macy's
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Worthington, JCPenney
Bag: B&B



Dress: American Rag, Macy's
Shoes: Qupid, DSW
Bag: The Tote Trove
Barrettes: The Tote Trove

There's something peaceful and artsy about the desert.  Especially, at least in my imagination, Arizona.  Just ask the Eagles.  (The band, not the Superbowl champs.  Not that a city boys in the 
Southwest-themed story doesn't have it appeal.)  And it just so happens that the lyrics to "Take it Easy" are especially soothing:

"Well, I'm standing on a corner
in Winslow, Arizona
And such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
Ford slowin' down to take a look at me.

Take it easy, take it easy
don't let the sound of your own 
wheels make you crazy."

Does that not paint the picture of serenity?  The (implied) blue sky against the golden-red sand, the sound of the wind drowning out the (again, implied) sad song on the radio.  Sure, the bit about the cad of a cowboy picking up (or being picked up by) yet another woman is a little questionable, but I'm willing to look past that for the sake of the song and this post if you are.  That's not the important part, anyway.  This tune is timeless because it's about the magic of living in the moment, of tucking the uneasy parts of life away.

Arizona, by the way, is also where Lisa Frank lives.  Which explains why she has those cacti dancing around her namesake logo.  You heard it here first: Classic rock and tween pop art, perfect partners in rhyme.

So inspired (because, honestly, what '90s fangirl doesn't want to somehow emulate Lisa Frank?), I designed my own desert decor.  Fringe Bene-hit, Candy Craze, and Dream Gig tell their own style story -- namely, stand back from that scorpion and all manner of poisonous vermin that lurk in the desert.  

Because if that's not a message of peace and goodwill, then we all might as well sit on a cactus.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

What cute outfits you've put together, yet again!!! I'm gushing over that Lisa Frank sweatshirt. I love her artwork so much, and it takes me back to being a kid (I had many Lisa Frank folders for school!). "Take it Easy" is a soothing song indeed, and very much paints a picture of the Arizona landscape. Living in the moment is definitely something we should all aspire to do! (still giggling at your "sit on a cactus" comment!)

Dressed With Soul said...

I have to admit I have never been in a desert - here in Bavaria the landscape is the totally opposite to a desert. In summer everything is very green and in winter mostly white due to the snow. But I love it you designed your own desert decor and I'm convinced that a desert can one calm down. Have a happy weekend!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Dressed With Soul said...

PS: And for sure I love as usual the outfits you put together - each of them! So cute the sweatshirt and I love also the dress including all the adds :) xx