Saturday, March 9, 2019

World on a Ring: Bonbon Baubles




Collecting stuff -- clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, hair accessories, books, CDs, stationery, faux cacti -- is one of my jams.  (I'm also pretty partial to actual jam, although I haven't started hoarding it.  Yet.)  So today I'm sharing my collection of PinkBopp rings!  As you may know, PinkBopp is the Etsy shop of my fellow blogger and artist, the very creative and talented Samantha.  I've been collecting her rings for a couple of years and have half a dozen.  They're so bright and happy and are, ahem, hands down the coolest rings I own.  Also, I love the way they look nestled in this old Russell Stover Valentine's box, which is where they live (minus the pompoms).  Each super cute and girly creation is sweeter than the next.  They're a fitting tribute to the strawberry creams that once hung out with Russ's ruffles. 

Speaking of which, when I look at this first pic, it makes me think of two things, 1) Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box," and 2) Le Vian chocolate diamonds.  "Huh?" you may be thinking.  "Isn't "Heart Shaped Box" the song where Kurt screams, "Hey!  Wait!  I've got a new complaint." with all the rage in his angst-ridden soul?"  Well, yeah.  Which means that it isn't at all in keeping with the cotton-candy-light tone of this post.  Still, it's a song I respect -- and one I'd rock out to while hitting the highway.  But I can't see myself ever purchasing a diamond, Le Vian or otherwise.  Even my engagement ring is a garnet (my birthstone), orbited by a rainbow of smaller sparklers.  What can I say?  I prefer my baubles kawaii-a-rific.  And preferably plastic.   

So thanks, PinkBopp, for making my quest for one-of-a-kind digit decoration even more exciting and colorful.

Le Vian ain't got nothing on you.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

This post made my whole week!!!! I appreciate your display of my rings, and they look AWESOME nestled in a heart-shaped box (good song, indeed!) filled with pom-poms! Side note: I have that same box, and I do store my rings in it, too! :) I also prefer kawaii-a-rific and plastic rings over diamonds. Thank you, once again, for the very kind mention of me and my shop. You're so sweet! :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

A cuteness overload.