Sunday, March 3, 2019

Kick Start My Heart: Feels for Heels


From left: Chase & Chloe, Zulily; Chinese Laundry, Zulily; Chase & Chloe, Zulily

I promise that I'm not getting an, ahem, kickback from Zulily to blog about these shoes. Although if Zu wanted to toss me that new pair of yellow Jessica Simpson ankle straps that I just bookmarked, then I wouldn't cry unethical. But if I can't get a pair of great shoes for free, then the next best thing is getting them for next to nothing. Because you can never have too many, and getting each pair cheaper means getting more.

It's a strong woman who can resist a new pair of kicks -- and an even stronger one who buys them anyway and endures the pain. A pain that comes, of course, from the bunions, corns, and hammer toes that are the price of fashion-forward footwear. Although today's trio isn't high on height -- or torture -- I wear plenty of pairs that rival skyscrapers. Whenever my feet sprout fresh deformities, I always think of that part in Shopaholic and Baby when Becky Bloomwood's gyno lectures her about her heels, tsk-tsking that fashion is bad for your health. This makes me angry. Becky already has to battle morning sickness and bloating; she shouldn't have to give up cute shoes, too. Then again, her gyno turns out to be a husband-stealing ass clown, so what does she know? Furthermore, the gyno's clothes are boring, which is a kind of symbol of her inner ass-clownery. You know what they say. Never trust a woman in sensible shoes.

They also say that beauty is pain. Which to me means the bunions are worth it.

6 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

Chase & Chloe, Zulily look awesome...
have a great day

Samantha said...

eeeeee! Love love love those shoes - especially the metallic pink ones in the middle! "Ass clownery" - LOL!!! You're quite right about it being hard to resist a new pair of kicks; I'm planning to check out BAIT footwear and see if anything catches my eye! :) I will have to check out Zulily, too.

Dressed With Soul said...

Wow amazing shoes! Fortunately, I can wear nearly any kind of shoes and my feet are never aching :)
xx Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Okcheori Roseline said...

I like the design of this high heels. looks beautiful and elegant.
www.okcheori.com

amely rose said...

The shoeslook so amazing.
I love the one in the middle. The shiny ones are so perfect.
Reallycool.

take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

Jewel Divas Style said...

Flat shoes can be awesomely colourful and stylishly healthy for your feet, too, you know, lol. Just look at my shoerobe!