Sunday, June 16, 2019

Driving With Dad - The Original Lyft


All Sorts of Sweet Necklace

Top: Bongo, Sears
Skirt (a dress!): Modcloth
Shoes: Chase & Chloe, Zulily
Bag: Nine West, Marshalls
Belt: Wet Seal
Yellow bangle: B Fabulous
Orange and black.white bangles: Mixit, J. C. Penney's
Sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target

A few Father's Days ago, I made an all sorts barrette in honor of my dad's favorite candy.  This year I made this necklace.  And I realized that it's fitting in more ways than one.  

Back when I was in college, my dad picked me up to take me home every weekend.  He knew I wasn't comfortable there and that I'd rather be home.  So, for four years he'd take time out of his own busy schedule to battle traffic and an hour and a half drive to chauffeur me between north and south Jersey.  And during our rides we'd talk about -- wait for it -- all sorts of things.  My classes, his work, and shows we'd both seen on TV.  He joked that these were our therapy sessions, and I guess in some ways he was right.  When we'd arrive at my dorm, he'd help me tote my many bags of clothes, (mostly untouched) books, and assorted nonsense, once even enduring my freak-out when I discovered I'd forgotten my makeup.  I always thanked him, but it isn't until now that I see just how much it all meant.  

So thanks, Dad, for driving me all those years.  And for being the (insert dad joke here) wheel deal.  

4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful

Jadieegosh said...

nice post i enjoyed this thanks for sharing!

Jadieegosh   Instagram

Dressed With Soul said...

Wow, it is wonderful you dad did this for you! And it speaks in your favour that you are still thankful for the fact he drove you each weekend. I can imagine that in the end these hours together were absolutely important for you both. And I'm really touched you even made a necklace with the favourite candys of your dad <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

So sweet (both the story and the outfit)!! That is very kind of him that he did that for you; isn't it nice when you look back on something and realize how much care someone put into their actions for you? :)