Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sugar Rush Gush: Props for Pops



Fabulous Felt All Sorts of Sweet Barrette

Top: Material Girl, Macy's
Camisole; So, Kohl's
Skirt: Material Girl, Macy's
Shoes: Venus
Bag: Xhilaration, Target
Sunglasses: Michaels

There are all sorts of fathers out there, and song lyrics are rife with rhymes about bad dads.  Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach," Everclear's "Father of Mine," and Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle" spin stories of subpar patriarchs -- not to mention anything by Papa Roach or Puff Daddy.  That's why it's nice when you have a dad worth singing (a good song) about.  Fortunate to be among this number, I'm celebrating Father's Day with my father's favorite candy in this Fabulous Felt All Sorts of Sweet Barrette.  Speckled with bright stripes and circles, it's bursting with good times and the spirit of summer -- even if the black bits symbolize the dreaded (to me) licorice.  Which makes it just the right dad's day dessert, all the colors of the confectionery masking the unpleasantness.  So, to every dad who ever helped make an algebra test, playground meanie, or just plain bad day go away, enjoy the treat of your choice, safe in the knowledge that you are the rainbow.

That having been said, I can't be held responsible for runs on Lucky Charms, rainbow sherbet, or old-timey lollipops.           

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"dreaded (to me) licorice." Hello! lol I hear ya.

Just found you today!, so much fun to look at your outfit pix with your fine felt jewelry!

I make stuff too! :^)

new fan,
Rebecca of www.jasmineandviolet.com

Jewel Divas Style said...

My mother loves licorice all sorts but I'm not a fan. I like raspberry licorice but not black.