Sunday, May 17, 2020

Parade Route Shoot: Let's Talk About the Weather (Again)


You know that point in the spring when it feels like somebody suddenly turned on a big heat lamp in the sky while you're still bundled up in your parka?  Well, that's how I felt this weekend, only instead of the parka, I was snug as a bug in my housecoat rug.  And I thought, whoa, summer is here.  Despite everything.  And a kind of summer-vacation-slash-carnival-something bubbled inside me (even though summer vacation skedaddled with algebra and carnivals are just plain creepy).  Finally, I could stop layering everything!  But wait . . . I like layering.  It's like getting a hug from my wardrobe.  Plus, I still have lots of as-of-yet unveiled, winter-into-spring ensembles (code for pictures in which I don't show my toes).  I'm pretty sure I blog about the whole eek-summer-is-here thing every year, but that's because I find it -- and indeed all transitions -- so jarring.  And because in the colder months, my toenails rival sloths'.  Nevertheless, as my mom always says, when it's time, it's time.  And time says that summer has spoken.  So, I'm heralding the season's first heat wave by saying bye-bye to bulk with a parade of pictures.  The outfits are new, but the things I made aren't.  Kind of like this pandemic and summer.

Top: POPSUGAR, Kohl's

Yellow Bow Barrettes 

Sweater: ELLE, Kohl's

Yellow Bow Glow Barrettes

Skirt: Amazon

Black Beauty Necklace

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target

80s Ella Barrettes

 Top: So, Kohl's; Bag: Nine West, Ross; Striped bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Rhinestone bangle: Iris Apfel for INC, Macy's; Pink bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zuily; Black choker: Kohl's

Top: Candie's, Kohl's

Fabulous Felt Desert Dreams Necklace 

Top: So, Kohl's

Shoes: City Streets, JCPenney; Socks: Gifted 

Sweater: Wild Fable, Target

Bag: Francesca's

Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Green Pompom Bow Barrette

And . . . the parade route has come to an end.  So, see ya, boots and socks and sandals.  Because it's time to embrace my favorite season (for despite all aforesaid hemming and hawing, in my beach book, summer is hands and -- ahem -- feet above autumn, winter and spring) by wearing my flipflops.  Even if it's just to walk to the mailbox

Watch out foot bath.  These dogs are coming for you.  

6 comments:

Kinga K. said...

All pretty and colorful, you look great, I love your skirt ❤

Tanza Erlambang said...

weather getting hot in our place now.
Your dresses are comfortable for this season.

# Stay safe, healthy and virus free

Debby Winter said...

You make a bald statement in comfortable clothes, I love it! Nothing more enjoyable than a writer who knows how to promote herself. I still need to find a look to match my SEO agency, the roaring 20's might do, I'm head over heels for that specific period but anyway, I just wanted to say hi.. I appreciate your effort to look above and beyond. Take care :)

Samantha said...

eeeee! Your outfits are a-mazing! ❤️ I love them all, and I'd say my favorite is the hot pink floral top with the black pin-striped skirt and those super cute socks with heels! But gosh, choosing a favorite was hard because they're all amazing outfits you put together. That Francesca's bag is perfection! I love your beautiful accessories and the Black Beauty necklace is breathtaking. Great outfits - they're works of art! 😃

Dressed With Soul said...

Thanks a lot for this wonderful parade! I love and adore all your looks and the last one ist btw my favouirte :) Yes, summer is here and I understand and share your love for layering!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love your outfits, as usual. And the fact you matched your pink socks to your top AND wore them with heels, must be congratulated and applauded.