Monday, September 7, 2020

Fruits of My Labor Day


Shoes: Katy Perry, Macy's; Sunglasses: Amazon; Bow barrette: Carole, JCPenney; Blue bangle: Kohl's; Embellished bangle: Karina's; Strawberry clip: Delia's; Rose ring: Making Waves, Ocean City; Strawberry watch (on shoe): Zulily; Necklace and fruit barrette: The Tote Trove


They say that fruit is sweetest just before it rots, and I've found that to be true.  It's much tastier to bite into a squishy but sugar-ripe plum than one that's hard and bitter.  It turns out that the same is sometimes the case for summer fashion.  This Labor Day weekend, I got inspired to wear my prettiest produce-themed clothes.  And also to unveil a new crop of farm stand fresh jewelry. 

Oh My Orange Earrings


Oh My Orange Necklace

Top: Hooked Up, Macy's
Skirt (a dress!): Almost Famous, Kohl's
Shoes: Shoe Carnival
Bag: T-Shirt & Jeans, Zulily

Lemme Have a Slice Earrings


Daisy Lemonade Necklace

Top: Candie's, Kohl's
Skirt: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney
Shoes: ALDO, Macy's
Bag: Luv Betsey, Macy's Backstage



Top: So, Kohl's
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Penney Loves Kenny, DSW
Bag: Sugar Thrillz, Dolls Kill

Summer or not, I'm looking forward to growing, er, making more things of the fresh fruit persuasion.  Because rooty tooty fresh n' fruity never goes out of season.

At least not outside of IHOP.    

Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Your fruit theme in this post is so cute!!! I love the banana dress with that pretty pink trim along the bottom, and also your cherry dress. Your kitchen with the produce on the wall is adorable and matches your outfit perfectly! Your new jewelry came out beautifully and has that summer fruit stand vibe. ❤️ A perfect theme for Labor Day (or any day!).

Jewel Divas Style said...

The more I see your outfits, the more I realise I have nothing.

Your closet is like Cher's from Clueless mixed with the wardrobe in Narnia, it's never-endingly full of colour and accessories.

Dressed With Soul said...

Yes, I think also this is true :) And it is true that you wore again the very best looks - you really celebrated Labour Day! Thanks for sharing!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Amely Rose said...

Fruit prints are definetly a must have during the summer days!"
You look so amazing in all of these styling :D

take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM