Monday, November 20, 2023

Fall is for Foliage . . . and Brights and Big Denim

Sweater: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Coat: JouJou, Macy's

Shoes: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

 Jeans: Wild Fable, Target

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon; Shoes: Chase & Chloe, Zulily

Headband: Kohl's

Tights: Poof, Boscov's

Top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Skirt: Rewind, Kohl's


Jeans and bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's


Top: Jessica Simpson Style, Belk's

It's gotten a little cooler, and when that happens, I like to go brighter.  Because nothing beats gloom and doom like a light show of color.  That said, by the time winter blows in, I'll resemble a radioactive, rainbow snow cone.  Until then, I'm ramping up with fruit motifs, a glimpse of faux fur, and some necklaces I made forever ago.  

On an unrelated note, the older I get, the more I love big jeans (as evidenced by the roomy and, yes, rhinestone-studded sparklers I'm sporting above).  Gone are the days when I'd pour myself into circulation-compromising skinnies and think, yep, you're worth suffering for.  This hit home last spring when my mom and I were out to dinner and I had to unbutton my jeggings grandpa-at-Thanksgiving-style to enjoy my crab imperial. 

On another unrelated note, here are the places I wore these outfits: Target, Michaels, the post office, and the doctor's office.  The doc's was where I debuted my big jeans.  

And then, of course, I went back to Target.

7 comments:

Caitlin'nMegan said...

GO BIG JEANS! Love those first pair of shoes too! Oh, you are so fun! & oh so inspiring with all that bright color! Lovely fall you guys are having, too. Great to bring out those bold colors as it gets colder!>>>>>>>>>>❤️🍁❤️❄️❤️🍁❤️❄️ Thanks for your comments! Will Elvis steal the show? Might be the question..perhaps Rox has found someone she wasn't even looking for. And of course, I need to be writing, but this week has been devoted to the livingroom and Barbie time. I'm sure I should move on to the diningroom today....Happy Thanksgiving. I can't wait to find out what's in that pumpkin thing you are making. Woe, is me..I have to hunt for all the ingredients for things I'm sure I have already bought.

Kinga K. said...

I like your bag :D

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The first outfit seems to me such a different look on you than what you usually share. The loafers are really different! Leave it to Betsy! I find that since I mostly wear stretch jeans, they usually stretch with me and I don't need to unbutton! But I do remember the days when they were regular jeans and I had to lay flat on the bed to zip up and NEVER eat while wearing them or I would burst!!! That was a long time ago and many pounds ago!! Anyway- enjoy the fall and your brighter outfits.

Ivy's Closet said...

So much color! Adoring the outfits of November! Yes, it's getting colder here. The wind is kicking in..it might be snowing sometime this week.... I am so enjoying your shoes and bags in this post. Adorable hair and makeup too. Hope your week is going well...of course, I feel like I am just making circles here. Happy Day before Thanksgiving!

ellie said...

Believe me! I am glad big jeans are making a comeback. Of course, I have my special leggings for Thanksgiving..the roomy ones..ready for dinner! I have to admit we are pretty casual when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner which will probably be around one this year. Oh, if I didn't have to go in this morning..I would be making zzzzzzs right now. Naturally, I find myself getting inspired to make a Barbie room..and the thought of wanting to repaint a Barbie..oh..I am the procrastinator. Happy Thanksgiving and more! ❤️❤️🍁🍁❤️❤️πŸπŸπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ Of course, I can't wait to get back to see what is up with Boone and Phil and all the other happenings around Thanksgiving!

Jewel Divas Style said...

I love my colour in winter too. I really don't know why so many think we want the crappy blacks, navies, rust reds, and greys for winter. I want colour and I want it now. We must be disco balls all year round. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!

Samantha said...

Your outfits are totally stunning!!! πŸ’›πŸ’™ I'm loving the yellow and blue combination together (with the splashes of pink, of course!). Your Betsey Johnson shoes are super cool, and what a way to beat the gloom and doom of cooler weather than with colors. The big jeans look and sound super comfy (I laughed at the "grandpa-at-Thanksgiving-style" line!)