Sunday, April 10, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Madcap Medallions Necklace


Recently, I've been working away on a custom order (more on that later). But this Madcap Medallions Necklace is the last item I finished and listed for my Etsy shop. I'd been wanting to embellish some felt circles with ribbon remnants and was excited to see how they'd turn out. They looked a little ragged once finished though, so I jazzed them up with some rhinestones. The end result is a festive, kooky piece that would be at home in an old costume trunk, a vintagey shop, or an outdoor bazaar. (Don't you just love the word bazaar? Such romance.) More practically speaking, this necklace would add some drama to a plain black sundress or black tee, as displayed here. Which reminds me, I really need a plain black sundress. I'm always buying prints, so I have precious few garments to serve as nice backdrops for my crazy jewelry. Sigh.

No comments: