Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello, Princess!



 Strawberry Key Lime Necklace

Tee: So, Kohl's
Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's
Shoes: Betseyville, Macy's
Bag: Glamour Damaged, Etsy
Coat: BCBG, Macy's



 A not for sale but still post-worthy Disney Princesses Necklace

Dress: Target
Cardigan: Merona, Target
Shoes: Material Girl, Macy's
Bag: Candie's, The Shoe Dept.
Scarf: Express



Lime Gelatin Necklace

Sweater: Kohl's
Tank: Worthington, JCPenney
Jeans: Olsenboye, JCPenney
Shoes: Bucco, Kohl's
Bag: Worthington, JCPenney
Coat: BCBG, Macy's
Scarf: Wet Seal 



Red Gelatin Necklace

Top: Wet Seal
Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's
Shoes: Worthington, JCPenney
Bag: Loop, Toilet Water, Ocean City
Belt: Wet Seal

Some people may say that two characters are two too many to star in one ensemble (and yes, those are the feline faces of Hello Kitty surreptitiously seared into the pattern of the dress in outfit number two), but I'm not one of them.  That's why I teamed my Disney princesses collage-style necklace with a frock kitted out by kawaii's reigning fat cat.  Not wangling to rip off Walt, I've opted to keep it for my own, instead serving up fruit and JELL-O (or, to be more appropriately generic, gelatin) to the masses.  Which works out well, because Ariel has always been my favorite princess, and she's featured prominently in this trio, which also includes the more conventionally royal Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.  

Speaking of favorite (green) things, I'm also a fan of this fetchingly retro, so-nice-I-posted-it-twice coat, which I received for Christmas.  I'm told that it's what was called a channel coat back in the day, on account of its vertical seams.  I don't know about you, but I always think that fun names add an air of glamour to garments, even the hideous but cleverly coined ones, such as poodle skirts, polo shirts, leisure suits, and housecoats.  That having been said, I actually once had a polo shirt of which I was quite fond.  It was white with red, yellow, green, and blue stripes, and it was by that popular 1990s juniors brand Coolwear.  It came, unsurprisingly, from JCPenney, and was ever so slightly cropped.  I still think about that shirt.

3 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

Is that green coat leather? Looks like it, and teaming it with neon yellow, very summery (for here in Aus that is).

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Love...Love....LOVING that red skirt!!!

The Tote Trove said...

No, it's actually one of those puffy coats.