Thursday, June 21, 2018

Summer Fling, Don't Mean a Thing; Summer Ring, Means Everything




 A quick word about "Grease".  I don't know about you, but a little part of me died the first time I saw Sandy swap her poodle skirt for those black leather pants.  That said, I usually avoid endorsing stories about women abandoning their true selves to land a (and let's be honest, in this case questionable) man.  But my love of great tunes -- and yes, costumes -- won out.  My apologies, feminism.

That said, love affairs may come and go, but baubles are forever.  Which is why I'm ringing in summer with yet another rockin' ring from Samantha at PinkBopp.  You may recall that I've purchased other awesome rings from this chic shop in the past.  One is springy, one is wintry (ok, Christmasy), and the new one, which is called Lady in Lime, is summery -- perfect for today, the first day of summer.  The fuchsia and lime really pop, and the tiny crystals remind me of morning dew (and Mountain Dew -- this ring being just the right shade of green!).  I wore it last week with a pineapple print blouse and friendship bracelet braid flip flops (and also jeans, lest I imply any Winnie the Pooh imagery).  Come fall I'll need an autumn addition to transcend the trifecta, giving me all four seasons.  So move over Vivaldi, '60s super group, and fancy schmancy hotel chain -- winter (er, autumn) is coming.

Speaking of summer, here are some pics to kick it off, from farm stand to sand.  And also, for some reason, cupcakes. 


Going green here at home in Galloway.  No better place for a ring than a "pond shop."

Beloved Brigantine Beach in all of its hotel room painting glory. 

The box from some pina colada cupcakes I baked a million years ago.  Yeah, I hang on to pictures.

So, soak up the sun and the slushies.  Because if school's out for summer, then school's out forever.
Especially if you're a beauty school dropout.

Which is, come to think of it, a pretty badass and feminist thing to be.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

eeee!!! Thank you so much for the shoutout. I really really appreciate it! The rings look fabulous on you. The photos of Galloway are stunning! And I agree; I, too, was sad when Sandy swapped her poodle skirt for those leather pants. :( Those cupcakes look amazing, by the way!

Dressed With Soul said...

Many years ago I had a huge collection of big and fancy rings. After reading your post and watching your impressing summer rings now I ask myself where this collection could be? I really should look after them :)
xx Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Jewel Divas Style said...

The rings are so cute, especially the christmas one.