Sunday, August 25, 2019

Ceramics Class Pass: Steer into the Grid



Top: Pink Republic, Kohl's
Dress: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Shoe Carnival
Bag: T-Shirt & Jeans, Kohl's
Bag charms: Staples
Sunglasses: JCPenney
Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon

So, first things first about this Bull as a China Shop Necklace. 1) It's a steer, not a bull (I can tell because a bull would never consent to become an accessory), and 2) one floral pattern does not a china shop make.  In other words, this entire pun is built on a lie.  Still, there's a message in it.  As in, don't ever let anyone tell you that all good crafts don't start with castration.

I was never a big fan of ceramics class.  For one thing, I didn't like the clay.  I hated working with the cold, wet sludge, coaxing it into coils that looked like dead snakes or a gargoyle's innards just to make some boring tchkoke.  But I like the look of finished ceramics, especially those wrought by a hand much more skilled than mine.  Maybe that's why I was drawn to this steer head.  Sure, it's not exactly ceramic, but some kind of synthetic enamel fused in a factory.  Yet it still has a homespun charm that's just glam enough to be interesting.  I guess that's why I made it the star of this here rhinestone necklace -- then posted it on the blog.  Which is as sure an act of, ahem, steering into the skid that the hook-me-to-the-grid-forever Internet has to offer.  And that's no bull.

I knew I could ram a real pun in there.     

3 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

I have to admit that I really was bad in ceramics. The sludge would have been okay ;) But your necklace is fantastic and I adore the floral summer dress!
xx Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

Beautiful outfit!! I love how the dress contrasts against the black turtleneck top. The necklace is gorgeous with the light purple tint; that is a stunning color! I love the two puns you made at the end of the post...LOL! "Don't ever let anyone tell you that all good crafts don't start with castration"...that's hilarious! I didn't like ceramics class, either! All of my creations broke and I got a C at the end of the semester, haha.

Jewel Divas Style said...

OH MY GOD *snorts with laughter* that first paragraph is a gem.