Thursday, August 1, 2019

Red and Yellow: Turn up the Meat

 Candie's, Kohl's

The hamburger meat, that is. They say that McDonald's decor is red and yellow because the colors are so garish that they force people to choke down their Big Macs and leave in a flash. Which 1) is insulting to red and yellow and 2) isn't the worst of the Mickey D's conspiracy theories out there. (Worm burgers, I'm looking at you.) Anyway, here's a little poem about this dynamic duo:

Red and yellow, yellow and red
Partners for life of the heart and the head.
Punchy and playful,
They radiate cheer
And make fast food faster
With "Get out of here!"

Red and yellow may bring down the hammer. But they also bring home the happy. The color of bacon and eggs, cherries and lemons, bandannas and daisies, and of course, ketchup and mustard, these proud primaries are as natural as they are striking. And without the calming influence of their sapphire sister, they flame out in a fiery frenzy. Like a sunset. Or, you know. A fire.

So, I was pretty psyched to snap some pics of my new red and yellow dresses. Here I am in the red one (and a new blue necklace!) in my mustard chair. Does this mean that I have to buy a red chair to lounge in while I model the mustard frock?

Only if I can find something that looks like Ronald McDonald's big red shoes.

Or, better yet, his wig.


Indigo Glow Necklace

4 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

I'm not sure if it is true what they say about the colours of McDonalds but I'm sure both of your new dresses are wonderful and I really adore you in the red dress!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

Ahhhhh, I love your hairstyle with the blue and yellow hair clips!!! The red floral dress and blue shoes look stunning together. That necklace looks beautifully vintage! I love the McDonald's references throughout (LOL), and red and yellow are a fun couple - they really pop! Your poem about the dynamic duo is GOLD.

Tanza Erlambang said...

you look so pretty... a model

Jewel Divas Style said...

It's the psychology of colour. Red and yellow suck people in because they're two of the most noticeable colours. Which is why so many retail (food) chains use them. They want sales!