Saturday, August 31, 2019

Jelly Jam Glam: Fancy Foot Quirk

Grapes and watermelon: Macy's; Snow cone, rainbow, and peach: Zulily

Flip flop goes my heart whenever I see a choice pair of sandals.  So, it was somersault city when I caught sight of Katy Perry's new geli (not jelly; it says so on the box) collection.  I bought a bunch and have been wearing them all summer.  Not only do they go with everything, they're super comfy, and I got them cheap.  What more could a woman want?  You may recall my post about the yellow ones on the Fourth of July.  They were my first pair and are still my favorite.  Nevertheless, I couldn't resist featuring all five pairs in their almost all edible (unless you include the rainbow on account of the Skittles slogan) glory.  The fruity ones are even scented!  When the husband was carting them in after our vacation, he said they smelled like fruit punch.  What a sweet way to mask summer swamp foot.  Good job, Katy!

This post wouldn't be complete without some shots of one of the boxes.  How cool is this design?  It's so '80s-'90s modern arty.  Not unlike the one on the Kohl's credit card.  (Although, ironically, you can't buy these there. :) 


Add that iconic cyclops eye and you've got a real closet cutie.


So here's to fresh steps and fresh footwear.

Scratch (ing post) that first part; no need to plug kitty litter.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Absolutely love the shoes!!! The charms at the front are darling and how cool is that that they smell like fruit punch? Beautiful colors. :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Ah, geli/jelly sandals are making another comeback. Haven't worn them since the 80s and haven't worn the two pairs I bought from Holster back in 2016, either.