Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Etsy Buys: Let's Get Tropical

If you've seen the Will Ferrell movie Semi-Pro, then maybe you chuckled. Then again, maybe you didn't. Either way, here's some summery stuff I snagged on Etsy recently.

Floral Fantasy Luau Bracelet, Melissa's Magic Spot

I was charmed by this bracelet because it reminded me of something I'd spy and covet in a prize machine as a kid -- only better. I've already worn it once (you'll get to read all about that in this week's Photo Shoot Friday entry).

Funky and Chunky Summer Bird Necklaces, Michelle's Charm World

As soon as I saw this trio of parrot necklaces in Michelle's Charm World, I knew they were destined to take center stage in some of my wildest outfit creations to date. The listing was for just one necklace, but I couldn't make up my mind and went for all three. The parrots are actually old napkin rings that Michelle found somewhere. Pretty cool, huh?

Gold and Lavender Floral Polymer Clay Pendant, Fraidycat Creations

I was struck by the combination of elegance and playfulness at work in this flowered polymer clay pendant. It was created by New Jersey's own Fraidycat Creations, who I discovered through my EtsyNJ team membership. I must say, that it's even prettier in person! The colors are vibrant, and the workmanship is just lovely. I imagine it will be especially pretty with a sundress in a contrasting floral print.

No comments: