Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Eclectic Edge



Wild Garden Necklace

Dress: Xhilaration, Target
Bag: Candie's, Kohl's
Shoes: Worthington, JCPenney



Cameo Appearance Necklace

Dress: Annie Sez
Flip flops: So, Kohl's
Bag: B Fabulous



Rhinestones and Roses Choker

Top: XOXO, Macy's
Skirt: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Nine West, DSW
Bag: JCPenney



Butterfly in the Sky Choker

Top: Kohl's
Skirt: Necessary Objects, Annie Sez
Shoes: Madden Girl, Marshalls
Bag: City Streets, JCPenney

Every so often I want to take a vacation from Funky Town and make something normal. Such endeavors usually require a trip to Michaels for some glass beads and grown-up pendants. I love Michaels, love lingering in the aisles, lulled by the mellow Muzak as the outside world melts away. On my most recent mission I made my selections from the glass beads hanging in neat rainbows from the wall, then picked out complementary pendants. I ended up turning out some respectable-looking pieces, pretty enough to punch up an outfit (as seen above), not so outrageous that they overwhelm.

Still, I sort of the miss the outrageous. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: