Friday, November 4, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Style Circle




Fabulous Felt Pink Patterns Necklace

Tunic: Free People
Camisole: So, Kohl's
Jeans: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney
Shoes: Worthington, JCPenney
Bag: Etsy, Eleven Peacocks
Scarf: A.C. Moore
Bangle: Bloomingsales Florist and Gift Shop, Brigantine

How fun is this patterned felt?  I found it (and some other designs; stay tuned!) at A.C. Moore and couldn't help but scoop up a few sheets despite my recent craft supply buying ban.  Speaking of which, I've noticed that lots of art and fashion bloggers impose shopping bans on themselves, only to break them.  If I'm weak, then at least I'm in good company!  At least I've been faring slightly better on the clothing front.  Just today I was shopping for my sister's birthday gifts in Marshalls and resisted a pale yellow cotton turtleneck sweater, a pink sequined beret, and a multi-colored sequined minidress.  I told myself that I had plenty of sweaters, that the hat smelled faintly funny, and that the dress would have been too small. 

But back to this Fabulous Felt Pink Pattern Necklace.  Set off by a sequin-shot tunic, charcoal skinny jeans, and silver zebra-print pumps, it's ready to paint the town pink!  There's a little voice in my head whispering that I should start making these necklaces a little bit smaller, so as to appeal to a wider audience.  But for now I'm tuning it out. 

4 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

Patterned felt?! How cool is that? I love what your creative pinkies did with it --love the Babs clutch, too!

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Ohh, Barbie bag!

The Tote Trove said...

Yes, I love that one too. It's so graphic and fun. I'd love to pair it with polka dots next :)