Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hey, Sailor



 Fabulous Felt You Are My Anchor Barrette

Top: Victoria's Secret
Jeans: Olsenboye, JCPenney
Shoes: Ami Clubwear
Bag: Kenneth Cole Reaction





Dress: Jessica Simpson, Marshalls
Shoes: Ami Clubwear
Bag: Old Navy

*If the two shots of this Rose Riot Corsage Necklace look a little bit different, then it's because they are.  To my dismay, I ran out of pink acrylic pearls halfway through making the necklace in picture number one.  I couldn't find any more in the stores, so I settled for the oversized white acrylic pearls to finish the job.  Guess what?  I ended up liking the asymmetrical, funky look better than the matchy-matchy one that I initially went for.  So, I've listed the (still perfectly pretty) pink version and look forward to sporting the "mess-up" one myself.  Let's hear it for happy accidents!       



Fabulous Felt Gone Fishing Barrette

Top: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney
Skirt: So, Kohl's
Jeans: City Streets, JCPenney
Shoes: Not Rated, DSW
Bag: Loop, Marshalls

There comes a time in every blogger's tenure when she must decide whether or not to assume the voice of a pirate.  So before I sail on, Bill Murray-as-What-About-Bob?-style, with this week's silly soliloquy, I've elected to assume that voice now, as in, "Thanks for not making me walk the plank on account of me wordplay, me mateys."  

With that, time to shove off (to the rest of this post).

The Jessica Simpson dress in outfit number two is va-va-voom in a down-home kind of way, not unlike Ms. Simpson herself.  Perhaps if Brandy had donned such a stunner, then her sailor would've never said, "my life, my lover, my lady, is the sea."  Then again, she probably could've suited up like a Vegas showgirl with similar results - he seemed like just that sort of cad.  Most men (or sea creatures; I'm talking to you, SpongeBob) would do anything but "sail away, sail away, sail away" from such delightfully nautical nonsense.  Take that, Looking Glass.  On second thought, don't.  Cad notwithstanding, you still beat out Enya.

No comments: