Monday, December 16, 2013

Packaged Up Pretty




Sometimes, I buy stuff just because I like its packaging.  Like this almost-certainly-icky-tasting-albeit-candy-shop-cute gum (it contains Aspartame), or this pretty-in-pink shampoo and conditioner duo that has no anti-dandruff agents whatsoever (this mane of mine is like a ski slope).  But the mother of all package-driven purchases is this fabulously retro Love's Baby Soft variety pack.  It's haunted me from the shelves of Rite Aid for the past couple of Christmases, only to vanish on the very day when I march in ready to make it my own.  So this year, when I saw those familiar pastel bottles winking at me from behind their cellophane, I knew that I had to act quickly.  Not only do they smell scrumptious, but they take me back to when I first bought a similar set at JCPenney with my allowance money, a memory so fuzzy that it made me consider picking up a second box for the holiday toy drive at work.  But the more I thought about it, cologne, however juvenile, didn't seem like donation material, so I went with a selection of Barbies instead.  Which, to be honest, I also sort of secretly coveted.      

1 comment:

Jewel Divas Style said...

The problem is the packaging is so pretty these days you don't want to chuck it out.