Monday, May 30, 2016

Hey, Sailor, it's Summer! Also, Happy Memorial Day.





Fabulous Felt Sky Blue Anchor Barrette

Top: Aeropostale
Dress: Kohl's
Shoes: Chinese Laundry, DSW
Bag: Candie's, Kohl's
Belt: Apt. 9, Kohl's
Sunglasses: Mudd, Kohl's

Ah, Memorial Day.  It's a time to remember the brave men and women who fought for our country .  . .  and to stuff our faces.  Hotdogs, hamburgers, and fruit pies all make their inaugural summer appearance during this hallowed weekend.  I like to think that the armed forces would've wanted it that way.

Yet residing as I do on an island, I find it only nautical, er, natural, to concentrate on the sailors.  (That, and army stuff isn't nearly as cute.)  That's why I made these fabulous felt anchor barrettes.  To that end, three anchors are better than one when it comes to staying put to serenade your sweetheart.  Just ask that sailor from "Brandy":

"The sailor said, "Brandy, you're a fine girl."
What a good wife you would be.
But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea."

There's a guy who could've used an anchor or three.  Stay centered this summer, seafarers.

Memorial Day edition of "other people's flowers". 


Military mural painted on the side of the Brigantine VFW building.

No comments: