Monday, February 20, 2017

Locks That Rock: Playing it Up Presidential



Fabulous Felt Lump Clump Barrette

Dress: Modcloth
Blouse: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney
Shoes: Ami Clubwear
Bag: Nahui Ollin
Sash: Wet Seal
Sunglasses: JCPenney

This President's Day, skip the wonky wigs (I'm looking at you, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and other assorted Oval Office-dwelling dandies) and stuffed suits for an administration you can really admire: the Presidents of the United States.  This two-hit-wonder alt rock band of the 1990s brought us such delightful ditties as "Peaches" and "Lump", the latter of which is celebrated right here in fabulous felt.  Six colorful little "lumps" peer inquiringly out of kooky googly eyes on the lookout for adventure and mischief.  I paired the barrette with an outfit in a patriotically presidential (and somewhat-Superman-like) palette: red, white, and blue.  And also, a little yellow and funky fresh rainbow.

My heart still thumps for "Lump," and whenever I play it on CD, I hit repeat and say, "Play it again, (Uncle) Sam."

I guess that's my party policy.

No comments: