Sunday, January 21, 2018

Red, White, and Fruit: Sail Away, Sale Away, Snail Mail Play


This blog isn't always about the things that I make.  Sometimes it's about the things that I buy.  And the last best things that I bought were from Charming Charlie.  The online version, that is, as the nearest brick and mortar is kind of far from me.  Anyway, you know how sometimes you order something, and it comes and you're like, ugh, this sucks?  Well, this was the opposite of that.  (And no, Charming Charlie isn't paying me.  Although I kind of wish they would.  CC, if you're out there, throw some bangles my way tout de suite.)  Every piece was bigger and better than I thought it'd be.  I was especially excited because I'd first spotted the grape purse charm last year, and it was still in stock -- at half price!

Speaking of the funky bunch (and no, I don't mean you, Marky Mark), it's time for a rousing round of "one of these things is not like the others; one of these things just does not belong."  (Sing it loud, sing it proud, Bert and Ernie.)  'Cause we've got an anchor necklace; a red, white, and blue ice pop wristlet; and a star-spangled pouch -- which are all very nautical -- and a bunch of sparkly grapes -- which is not.  Unless, of course, the nautical in question refers to a yacht instead of a speedboat/sailboat/down-and-dirty dingy.  And what's a yacht without big, juicy grapes being served by Paul Rudd in a Speedo?  (Too far?  I was thisclose to calling this post Hoarder Up.  So.  Restraint practiced and all of that.)

That said, enjoy the soothing sounds of the Enya classic that has undoubtedly been playing in your head since you first scanned this title.  Also that not-so-soothing Styx classic.  I could go on, but like Michael Stipe, I've said too much.

So much for restraint.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh boy, I love Charming Charlie! Such a cute store. That wristlet is absolutely adorable and makes me think of lovely summer days when the Fourth of July is around the corner. The little grape is sooo cute! (And LOL at the Paul Rudd in a speedo comment!)

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, that happens to me as well :) But I understand you love this shop, what you show here is extremely cool! Happy weekend!
With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Dressed With Soul said...

Have a wonderful week and enjoy your colourful things <3 xx Rena

Jewel Divas Style said...

LOVE!!!!!! and icecream wristlet in red, white and blue! LOVE!!!!