Sunday, February 25, 2018

Amusement Park Lark: Epic Equine Edition


Prancing Pony Charm Necklace

Top: Hollistser, Marshalls
Skirt: Amazon
Shoes: B.A.I.T., Zulily
Bag: Sugar Thrillz, Dolls Kill
Belt: Candie's, Kohl's
Sunglasses: So, Kohl's
Barrettes: The Tote Trove

The wooden horse bead in this Prancing Pony Charm Necklace reminds me of the kind you see on carousels.  Carousel is such a lovely word, isn't it?  Upstaged by only its sister calliope, it makes me think of the Carousel of Progress at Disney World.  Also, of a revolving restaurant I once had the misfortune to visit during a fourth grade field trip.  Even now, the image of those grayish Swedish meatballs circling by in slow motion is fresh (unlike the meatballs themselves) in my mind.  And finally, the word carousel makes me think of the Merry-Go-Round, which was a unisex clothing store catering to fast teens at my local mall.  Located across from the much tonier Limited, it was even cheesier than the rotating restaurant.

Any neigh, what I'm saying is, this hoofed honey is hella nostalgic.  You know, aside from looking like something you'd win at the carnival.  For maximum fairground flair, I paired it with this borderline barber pole/candy cane/Where's Waldo? tee shirt and macaroon-hued bag and shoes.  Because real life horses may smell like garbage, but the made-up, Swarovski crystal-studded kind are as fragrant as french fries.  And no, that wasn't a reference to horse meat hamburgers.

Sadly, I can't say the same about those meatballs.        

4 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Yes, carousel is a wonderful word! And the horse reminds me also on a carousel horse :) So cute and not only the necklace but also your look! Enjoy this week <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

What a cute outfit! I'm wearing that same pink skirt from Amazon today. :) I love red and pink together. I adore the carousel horse!!! It really compliments the necklace as a whole. Carousels are so enchanting (and yes, a lovely word to boot!)

Dressed With Soul said...

Happy weekend, my dear! <3 Rena

amely rose said...

The horse is so cute and truely reminds me of a carousel and the horses on a carousel!
So cute and lovely.
and I adore the necklace.

take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM