Sunday, June 10, 2018

Animal Charm: Win, Lose, or Mall and Cock-a-Doodle Zoo



 Razzle Dazzle Rooster Necklace

Tee: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney
Skirt: So, Kohl's
Shoes: City Streets, JCPenney
Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's
Sunglasses: Claire's

Normally, you wouldn't see a rooster and an elephant together.  Because a rooster roams on a farm, whereas an elephant chills at the zoo -- or, more optimistically, on the Serengeti.  Still, you certainly wouldn't see either one at the mall.

Or, would you?

Because malls are kind of like zoos.  First off, you've got your mall rats (although, sadly, never Jeremy London look-a-likes).  Then there's feeding time at the food court.  And of course, the good and bad smells.  For instance, at my mall, there's the floral-sweet scent of Macy's Backstage and the mildew musk of the new, no-name furniture store.  And finally, there's the sea life-themed merry-go-round (this being the Jersey shore) in front of Forever 21.  The point is, anything can happen at the mall.  And apparently did, considering the flash mob-esque food court fight that broke out the night before I went Backstage.  Seriously; it was on the news and everything.  

And you thought I was kidding about feeding time.

Macy's Backstage, by the way, is a new Macy's venue.  It's a floor of the store that's all discount stuff, displayed in that fashiony flea market way that we bargain hunters love.  As soon as I walked in, I thought, it's like Macy's and Marshalls had a baby.  A mini Marshalls, if you will (not to be confused with Mega Marshalls, which is a whole other thing).  My instincts weren't wrong; once I started scoping the racks, I saw a top and a smiley-faced succulent there that I'd recently bought at the actual Marshalls (thankfully, at the exact same low prices)!  Anyway, I picked up some makeup brush cleaner, and the cashier gave me a free shopping tote and a $10 off coupon for being one of the first 200 customers.  So, after doing a lap around the mall to peruse its other offerings, I went back and used the coupon on this sunglasses-wearing Luv Betsey watermelon purse.  It was priced at $20, so I got it for $10!


Which was much better than some dancing rhino-themed souvenir cup or jumping frog toy from the gift shop.

I guess malls aren't always like zoos.

5 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh I think both are a nice match and the necklaces are so beautiful! Love also the pink shirt and the cool shoes!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

The animal theme of your outfit is so perfect!!! I love the hot pink color of the top; something about hot pink and animal print is so gorgeous! I enjoyed your mall story; good thing you weren't there the night before - yikes! The shopping tote is so pretty with the bright colors. Your new necklaces are stunning and I especially love the rooster!

Dressed With Soul said...

Happy weekend, my dear! xx Rena

amely rose said...

Animal prints and details are so lovely.
Both are a perfect match and the necklace is so cute.
Lovely.

take a look at my Blog and my Instgram

Jewel Divas Style said...

Oh my God, cute tiger bag. love it when bags and shoes match.