Thursday, November 22, 2018

Cornucopia Colors and Happy Thanksgiving


 Focal Feather Necklace

Dress: Almost Famous, Kohl's
Turtleneck: Zulily
Shoes: Penny Loves Kenny, Zulily
Bag: Xhilaration, Target
Belt: Apt. 9, Kohl's
Big blue bead bracelet: Cloud 9
Bangle and small blue bracelets: JCPenney
Beaded bracelet: Plymouth Plantation gift shop
Ring: Francesca's
Barrettes: The Tote Trove

You know how you look out at the horizon of fiery fall foliage and think, what this needs is a teal peacock feather?  Well, I had that same thought when I planned this year's Thanksgiving outfit.  As much as I loved my new floral goldenrod dress, I wanted to add the snap of cool blue for contrast.  So a peacock pendant it was, along with my trusty blue envelope clutch.  I don't have to tell you that I'd rather make accessories than side dishes.  I don't like to cook unless it's with something that comes from a box or can.  Partly because can product art can be pretty nifty.


What is it about pictures of food that say 1950s?  I refer, of course, to the classic foods of yore such as mac n' cheese, ham, casseroles, and anything made with JELL-O.  Not the sea salt-dusted kale and quinoa of today, which is about as picturesque as Walmart on Black Friday.

That said, whatever you wear or whatever you eat, I hope that everyone has a fancy feast and a happy Thanksgiving!

Because fancy isn't just for felines.  Me-wow.

2 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

I see for me it is the opposite as I prefer to cook as I have to admit I'm not really skilled in creating stuff :) Your Thanksgiving outfit is wonderful and especially because you have chosen all the amazing blue accents! Happy weekend!
xx Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

You're right; the snap of cool blue in contrast against the golden dress is dazzling! The pretty peacock pendant necklace really tops it off, and those floral felt barrettes are sooooo beautiful. Wow! :) I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and ate lots of yummy food!