Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Parrot Parade Brigade: Polly Want a Slacker?


The husband got me this top recently.  Believe it or not, it's actually for a man.  A small man, but a man nonetheless.  I suppose this makes it a shirt, as we all know that real men don't wear tops or eat quiche.  Anyway, it came from Amazon, which is fitting because it looks like a collage from an enchanted rain forest.  I say enchanted because I imagine that real rain forests are more Animal Planet than Magic Kingdom, unphotogenic and gruesome in their circle of life-ness.  Even if "Circle of Life" was a song in The Lion King.  Because if anyone can put a good spin on death, then it's Disney.


In keeping with the parrot theme, here's my old pal Randall.  But for the purposes of this post, I'll call him, or rather her (because if I can wear a dude's shirt, then he can certainly change genders), Polly.  And Polly most definitely does not want a cracker.  Or a slacker.  So, no rum or Jimmy Buffett.  Or rum made by Jimmy Buffet.  She also doesn't want a passel of insects or whatever it is that parrots eat.  What she really craves is a buttery brioche topped with a fresh slice of mango.  She's a discerning one, my precious Polly, demanding only the best from the island's buffet.  Not to be confused, of course, with the island's best Buffett.

Cheeseburger in paradise or not, his kind's not welcome here.

6 comments:

Okcheori Roseline said...

The design of the T-shirt is very unique and colorful. I like the mix of colors that are used in the design of the T-shirt. Their abilities are very good and very creative.

www.okcheori.com

Amely Rose said...

How cool is the shirt?
I love the vivid print and colors. So eyecatchy.

take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

Dressed With Soul said...

Honestly, I'm also surprised this is a top (shirt :) ) for a man :) It looks fantastic and yes, in this case it fits perfectly that it is from Amazon :) Your husband obviously know where to buy extraordinary and beautiful pieces! For his beautiful wife <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Dressed With Soul said...

P.S.: I have to admit I discovered it on Amazon and bought it, too :) Thanks for sharing! xx

Samantha said...

What a cute parrot shirt!!! How sweet that your husband bought that for you. Randall is a cute little parrot and I like that he/she has luxurious taste with that buttery brioche topped with a fresh slice of mango! A bird who knows what it likes. ;)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love a good print top, and I've worn men's tshirts and tops, so why not if it fits.