Saturday, May 18, 2019

Buckle Up, Buttercup

All belts from Belt is Cool, Amazon except for the orange one, which is from Marshalls.


But then, "suck it up" works well here too.  Especially when it comes to stubborn guts and too-big butts.  Because a belt -- especially these woven ones -- can accommodate behinds of all kinds.  (No notes about a belt going around your waist, please; I like the behind thing.  Mostly because it rhymes.)  You just pull tight, stick the needle thingy in any hole, and go.  Of course, there is such a thing as pulling too tight because sometimes I feel like I'm wearing a corset.  That said, I have a couple of elastic, buckle-less bow belts that spring open if I eat a big meal.  Which I naively found out last Thanksgiving.  

So, belt it out when you want to keep it all in.  Or are just jonesing for some Peg Bundy-style funky flair.  I blame that last part on the husband, who insists on humming "Love and Marriage" whenever I wear one of my beloved waist cinchers.  

But I'll take it.  It's better than "Baby's Got Back."

1 comment:

Samantha said...

"You just pull tight, stick the needle thingy in any hole, and go." LOL!!!!! That made me laugh! :) I really love woven belts! You especially have a gorgeous collection. I totally remember one of your older blog posts mentioning that your husband called the belts a "Peg Bundy starter kit" if I recall correctly?! :) I love it!