Thursday, July 25, 2019

You Like Fruit, Don't You?


Cherries: Betsey Johnson, Modcloth
Light pink watermelon: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's
Bananas: Betsey Johnson, Amazon
Avocado: Sleepyville Critters, Amazon
Dark pink watermelon: H&M
Strawberry: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's
Orange: Circus by Sam Edelman, Kohl's
Sunglasses Watermelon: Luv Betsey, Macy's Backstage

Back in the day, that was the Pop-Tarts catchphrase.  Which makes me feel a little disloyal considering that the last Pop-Tart I ate was root beer float flavored.  But don't be fooled by my assignation with soda.  Fruit is the uncontested queen of summer, dominating desserts, farmers markets, and wardrobes from May to September.  Its juicy hues are vibrant and sweet, making every day seem like a vacation.  That said, here are some other things that I love about this most sizzling of seasons.  Spoiler alert: Some of them involve fruit (but not Pop-Tarts).  

- Pineapple ice pops.

- Not having to wear a jacket or coat.  

- Funky sunglasses.

- Going out for ice cream.

- Staying in for ice cream.

- Lightening bugs.

- Fireworks.

- Seafood.

- Sundresses.

- Front yard gardens.

- Outdoor shopping.

- Farm fresh watermelon.

- The sound of cicadas.

-Tropical print everything.

- Sunlight until 8:00 p.m.

- Lemonade.

- Beach books.  

- The smell of backyard BBQs.

- Flip flops.

- Big budget movies.       

- The sound of the ice cream truck.  Even if you never catch it.

And last but not least, my fruit-shaped purses.  I have the best time carrying them all summer (and sometimes in the winter, too).  Here I am with some of my favorites.



4 comments:

Rosie said...

All the pics are just darling. Also love the fruit purses, my favorite being the banana, which calls to mind that curious little monkey, George.
I believe he liked fruit, didn’t he?

Ruby Red said...

Tutti fruity all the rooty! I share your love of fruit as well as your zany style! Fab pics!

Samantha said...

I love your fruit handbags!! Your summer list really highlights the beautiful perks of summertime. Stunning outfit photos - your style is so unique and original!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Your bags are awesome, as usual, and fruit bags makes an outfit fresh and summery.