Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Chenille Deal and an Homage to Abbey

 
Sweaters: So, Kohls; Floral dress: Trixxi, Kohl's; Houndstooth dress: Rewind, Kohl's

This morning, I was surprised to see a dusting of sugar-white frost on the lawn.  Why the surprise, I don't know.  It is the middle of November.  But isn't that the way every year?  The seasons change as they always do, and yet we watch, slack-jawed, as if the sky's spewing seaweed.   

One good thing about the chill in the air is that it means it's time for sweaters.  The chenille ones pictured here were seven dollars each, which was quite a bargain considering that there's nary an acrylic thread between them.  I love how toasty and homey they are, like gingerbread and strawberry cakes just waiting to be decorated with gumdrops.

Speaking of which, this Lipstick Love Barrette Brooch may look familiar because it started life as a headband.

Lipstick Love Barrette Brooch

I have a cannister full of failed projects that I reinvent into stuff that's (hopefully) better.  The Checkerboard Core Barrette Brooch is brand new, though.  Even if it does echo an album cover art project I made in sixth grade.  The album was called The Sour Apples.  My dad thought it had something to do with the Beatles' Abbey Road.  It didn't.  But maybe I should have said it did.

Or maybe I should have made something reminiscent of "Octopus's Garden."  To fit in with Abbey Road.  

And to make some sense of that seaweed.  

4 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, we had already a few days frost here in Bavaria and this morning, too! You are right, the advantage of these times is that we now can wear pullovers :) Love your looks and what you created, too!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

"My dad thought it had something to do with the Beatles' Abbey Road. It didn't. But maybe I should have said it did." LOL!!! Your sweaters look cozy and cute, and I like how you described they're just waiting to be decorated. You decorate well! The Lipstick Barrette Brooch is so cute and I love how you put pink sequins at the tip. The Checkerboard Core Barrette Brooch is so eye-catching with the colors you chose. The mix of black and white with the bright colors...it's beautiful! It gives me a warm, happy feeling of back-to-school vibes.

Kinga K. said...

All looks so cute :)

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

These look very beautiful. I like how you style them. Thank you for sharing.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/11/declare-caviar-perfection-luxury-anti.html