Monday, April 5, 2010

Postcard from the Edge


I've only bought one thing from bebe in my entire life, and that was a dress I found on clearance in the Las Vegas Venetian store when I was there on business for my old job. I guess I must have signed up for their mailing list when paying for it, because they sent me this postcard the other day. Well, to be precise, they didn't send it to me, but to a severely butchered version of my parents' address. They misspelled the street name and got the town wrong. Yet it still got there, the powers of bebe having prevailed. Here's what it said:

Hi, Tracy --

Just wanted to let you know that the Kardashian line has arrived in our store. Please call me to make an appointment.

Thanks!!
Jenn, Bebe Rockaway

Surely you see why I felt the need to share. I was unaware, although unsurprised, that the ever-enterprising Kardashian clan had launched a clothing line for bebe. Had I been a fan (of the store or the TV personalities), I might have found myself hopping a train to Rockaway, New York, to snag a signature piece. I couldn't help but wonder just what sort of person would do that. Because there must be someone, somewhere, who would. Hence the postcard.

3 comments:

Deepshade Creations said...

It's the same logic Sonic used when they started playing commercials up here even though the closest one at the time was 80 miles away.

...I'm not proud to be that sort of person who would drive 80 miles into PA for a Sonic slush... but I think it is evidence that your "someone, somewhere" theory is probably true.

The Tote Trove said...

Ha ha. I know. I saw plenty of Sonic commercials when the closest one was in Cape May County, although I didn't know it (they've since built one in Somers Point) and would think, where the heck is this place? I want one of those slushies!

Deepshade Creations said...

There's several of them now! One in Waretown, one in Audubon, one in Millville... I'm half happy about it, but also sort of half sad, because the novelty has begun to wear off.