Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Etsy Buys

Ultimate Tea Party Cookie Platter, HeartFelt Playthings

Strawberry Cupcake Pendant, Bead Passion

Fruit Waffle Ring, Bead Passion

A Dozen Mini Butter Cream Cupcakes Bracelet, Bead Passion

As most of you know, there's always something new and pretty to buy on Etsy. It was a few weeks before Mother's Day when I found the Ultimate Tea Party Cookie Platter in HeartFelt Playthings. The listing described it as "a platter for the serious tea party host or hostess." I instantly thought of my mother (although I'm pretty sure the artist was referring to a child . . .). She gives a tea party every summer and has her dining room all decked out with tea house paraphernalia, right down to a little Christmas tree festooned with doilies and tiny teacups! (Hopefully she doesn't mind me divulging these details to the world.) So, I knew she'd be charmed by these adorable felt cookies. And I was right; she and my sister marveled over them, right down to their fine stitching, after Mom opened them this past Sunday. As for Bead Passion, I discovered that shop after one of my totes was included in a cupcake-themed treasury. I was instantly delighted by all of the miniature hand-crafted clay dessert jewelry, so much so that I found it difficult to decide what to buy! I settled on the whimsical necklace, ring, and bracelet pictured here. They arrived today, beautifully packaged, and accompanied by complimentary earrings and stickers! It doesn't get much sweeter than that (oh come on; you knew it was coming :)

No comments: