Monday, March 14, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Felt Friends

Fabulous Felt Fruit Friends Necklace

Fabulous Felt Cute Cupcakes Necklace

Fabulous Felt Happy Fruits Necklace

Fabulous Felt Happy Cupcakes Necklace

The fruits and cupcakes have run amok! First the barrettes, now the necklaces; goodness knows what form they'll take on next. I suppose I've grown a bit more attached to them than is healthy.
By the way, does anyone else besides me find it weird how much we love stuff with faces on it? Especially stuff that we're at some point, in some form, supposed to eat? It's this thinking that makes me take issue with commercials like the one where the Frosted Mini-Wheats are hanging out in a hot tub of milk in an attempt to show a new way of eating the classic cereal. How are kids not freaked out by that?! (Not to mention, what kid likes hot cereal?) I think as a kid that I was freaked out by such commercials. Which makes it sort of odd that I'm now jumping on the cute-faced food bandwagon, if only through the creation of felt accessories. Oh, how the media twists the mind . . .

No comments: