Friday, February 17, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: I Rock a Lot of Polka Dots




Top: Bisou Bisou, JCPeneny
Skirt: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Alloy
Bag: Candie's, Kohl's
Ring: JCPenney
Bracelet: Kohl's

If you're a "New Girl" fan (and the ratings report that many of you are), then you may have recognized that line from a recent episode in which Nick's humorless, hardass lawyer girlfriend attacks Jess (Zooey Deschanel) for being girly and sensitive and, yes, all-around adorkable.  (Unthinkable, I know.)  The incident leads to Jess and Cece dishing about the mean, sneaky ways girls tear each other down.  Jess shares that a girl once snidely told her, "You rock a lot of polka dots," eliciting a "Diabolical!" from CeCe.  As someone who wears more than her fair share of polka dots (not to mention scads of what many would deem to be other suspect stuff), I could relate. 

Take this ensemble.  We've got pinky polka dots topped off by a felt necklace that kind of looks like a foot.  At least that's what the bf said when he saw it in its early state. 


I meant for the necklace to be worn horizontally, but the vertical, foot-like position began to grow on me, not unlike a multi-colored fungus.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love those shoes! I have a dress that is really similar to your blazer -- I swear they belong together. I was going to try and wear it this week, but I need to hem it, so I don't know if I will get to. Wait until you see it!