Monday, February 20, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: It's Raining Rhinestones




Tee: So, Kohl's
Tank: Express
Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's
Shoes: Candie's, Kohl's
Bag: City Streets, JCPenney
Headband: Colors, JCPenney
Green bracelet: Cloud Nine, Ocean City 
Pastel bracelet: Some unidentified shop in Hawaii

I've always thought that the cuteness of umbrellas is meant to mask the wretchedness of rain.  And what could be cuter than brightly-colored hearts and a jaunty blue bow?  I like to think that they lend this necklace's raindrops all the glamour of a magic elixir.

On a more technical note, I'm getting into using chains instead of beaded wire or ribbon to anchor my felt creations.  I'm drawn to their clean, metallic lines and the way that they let the felt take center stage.  In this necklace, the added sparkle isn't bad either.  How's that for a silver lining?

No comments: